Saturday, October 16, 2010
I have beaten up my brain to think about what I should put out with this post, a big milestone of this blog, aiming to introduce Dr. Wang's study of the founding fathers' efforts to borrow from Chinese civilization in their efforts to establish a new society and nation in North America. A good idea came from a friend, which is to introduce you the list of Dr. Wang's publications. In the following please enjoy the list:
22. Chinese Civilization and the Early Development of the United States, The Historical Review: A Biannual Journal of History and Archaeology, Vol. Indian Institute of Oriental Studies and Research, Kolkata, India. 2010
21. George Washington and the China Trade, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia) May, 2010,
20. Benjamin Franklin and Confucius Moral Philosophy, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia) January 2010,
19. How China Helped Shape American Culture: The Founding Fathers and Chinese Civilization, Virginia Review of Asian Studies 2010
18. Asian Dry Rice and Slaves’ Living Environment: Thomas Jefferson’s Efforts to Transplant the Rice to the United States, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia), September 2009.
17. Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Chinese Civilization, Virginia Review of Asian Studies 2009.
16. Presenting Benjamin Franklin and the Great Wall of China, CALA (Chinese American Librarians Association) Newsletter, Spring 2009.
15. George Washington and Chinese Flowers, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia) May 2009
14. With China We Trade, Asia Times (Hong Kong), March 11, 2009
13. Thomas Jefferson and Chinese Architecture, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia), January 2009, Chinese New Year Edition
12. All Posterity Will Remember My Legacy: Thomas Jefferson and a Legendary Chinese Prince, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia), September, 2008.
11. Benjamin Franklin’s Efforts to Promote Sericulture in North America, Franklin Gazette, Volume 18, No. 2, Summer 2008
10. The Founding Fathers of the United States and Chinese Porcelain Ware, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia), January, 2008.
09. Benjamin Franklin and the Great Wall of China, Franklin Gazette, Volume 18, Number 1, Spring 2008
08. The Founding Fathers of the United States and Chinese Civilization, in Trans/American, Trans/Oceanic, Trans/latioin, The 3rd International American Study Association (IASA) World Congress Proceedings, September, 2007.
07. Benjamin Franklin and Chinese Civilization, Reset Dialogue on Civilizations, Well-known European Website (Italy).
06. Tea, the Leaves that Triggered the American War for Independence, Huaren E-Magazine (Australia), September 2007
05. Ginseng, the Herb that Helped the United States to Enter International Commerce, Huren E-Magazine (Australia), May 2007
04. Exploring Benjamin Franklin’s Moral Life, Franklin Gazette, Volume. 17, No. 1, Spring 2007
03. Benjamin Franklin and Chinese Civilization, U.S –China Relation Series, No. 2, New York, Outer Sky Press, August 2006
02. Benjamin Franklin’s Attitude toward Chinese Civilization, Social Science Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology (China) , Issue 4, 2006
01. Benjamin Franklin and China: A Survey of Benjamin Franklin’s Efforts at Drawing Positive Elements from Chinese Civilization during the Formative Age of the United States, The Historical Review: A Biannual Journal of History and Archaeology, Vol. XIII, 2005, pp. 1-22, Indian Institute of Oriental Studies and Research, Kolkata, India.
The paper was elected by the National Commission for Benjamin Franklin’s Tercentenary Commission and published in its Official Website since 2005 (The commission is headed by Former President George W. Bush 2000-2008). It is available on line at http://www.benfranklin300.org/etc_essays.htm